We respect each person’s journey and are honored to be a part of it.
I am Cassia
Enriching and active daytime program
Open Circle of Heritage Park
Open Circle of Heritage Park is honored to be part of the first public housing community in the country to offer housing and services to older adults with low incomes.
Open Circle of Heritage Park is part of the Cora McCorvey Health and Wellness Center, developed by the Minneapolis Public Housing Authority (MPHA). The campus gathers the services needed most by older people under one roof. Partners include the MPHA, Odom Health & Wellness, North Point Clinic, the Minneapolis Highrise Representative Council and the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities.
Services and amenities on site
YMCA Exercise Center
The YMCA offers exercise programs specifically designed for older people. Staff can assist members with use of equipment and guidance for exercises that provide the best benefits for each person.
Odom Health and Wellness
Odom Health and Wellness provides physical, occupational and speech therapy along with aquatic physical therapy and recreational pool activities.
North Point Clinic
North Point Clinic is a full-service medical clinic with innovative programs and treatments tailored to the unique needs of older adults in the community.
Open Circle members at Heritage Park campus can engage in enriching opportunities with the local young people. A variety of activities are offered that all generations can enjoy, and gain new understanding and wisdom.
“We are treated like queens around here.”
“You need a reason to get out of bed in the morning…and my reason now is to come here!”
“I love being in the choir. When we get on the bus to perform—we’re somebody.”
Services and Health Care
Amenities and services
- Full, nutritious lunch each day, plus snacks
- Members dine together like family
- Afternoon coffee time with snacks
Meaningful social activities
- Friendships develop through social opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Intergenerational opportunities
- Current event discussions, reminiscence time
- Community outings for lunch, shopping and sightseeing
- Conversations with the Chaplain
Rehabilitation and exercise
- Odom Health and Wellness offering physical, occupational and speech therapies and aquatic physical therapy on site
- YMCA Exercise Center with staff assistance on site
- Daily exercise designed to help increase strength, balance, flexibility and mobility
- North Point Clinic with medical services for older adults
- Medication assistance
- Chronic condition management and cognitive support
- Vital signs and health check-ups
- Health monitoring for preventive care
- Personal hygiene care may include bathing
Family caregivers’ support
- Open Circle Care Consultation offers support services and resources for caregivers
- Reassurance that their loved one is safe, well cared for and socially active while they are at work
- Respite for caregiver’s personal needs, interests and family time
Finance sources such as Alternative Care (AC), Elderly Waiver (EW), Veterans benefits and others may be available for qualified individuals.
The nurturing environment at Open Circle of Heritage Park encourages friendships and involvement through a wide variety of fun and interesting activities. Our program provides meaningful, purpose-filled opportunities to help our members remain vital contributors to the larger community.
Our staff are specially-trained with many years of experience in adult day services and care.