Our support for caregivers goes beyond just respite, we build confidence.
I am Carol and I am Cassia
social worker, caregiver consultant
Caring for caregivers…
Caregiver Support Services
Are you a home caregiver? Be confident you are doing the best you can for the ones you love.
Open Circle Care Consultation is an innovative resource designed to provide referrals, services and assistance that home caregivers may need to confidently care for their loved one.
- Initial consultation to determine caregiver’s needs and challenges
- Development of a caregiver-centered plan
- Education and assistance in finding beneficial resources and services
- Problem-solving and tactics
- Ongoing encouragement and support
- Facilitation for family meetings, as needed
- Increase knowledge and confidence in caregiving skills
- Decrease stress and feelings of being over-burdened
- Increase the importance and ability to care for one’s self
- Increase willingness to seek out and use available support services
- Build the capacity to be able to provide care longer
- Home health care providers
- Meals on Wheels delivery
- Home services for grocery shopping, house cleaning, errands
- Volunteers to help with respite for caregivers and companionship visits for loved one
- Referrals to professionals able to help with home safety and new technologies for better living
- Many other services are available
Caregiver support at Open Circle is available for home caregivers of Open Circle members and well as home caregivers in the community as a whole. Services are free-for-service basis and uses a sliding scale for fees. Packages are available. Family meetings for three or more people can also be scheduled. For caregivers of those enrolled in the Alternative Care Grant (AC) and Elderly Waiver (EW) programs, care consultations can be paid for with authorization from a case manager.
Open Circle Caregiver Support Services
Carol Ashwood, SW, LICSW, is the caregiver consultant for Open Circle support services. Carol holds a Master’s degree in social work and is a licensed clinical social worker. Carol is also certified as a caregiver consultant through the Minnesota Board on Aging and a certified program coach for REACH (Resources for Enhancing Alzheimer’s Caregiver Health) through the Memphis Caregiver Center.
“Thank you for getting mom to a happier place in life!”
“Everyone is so creative and joyful here.”
“I was able to step back during the sessions and see how things were impacting me and how I could cope better. This helped me to be more patient and a little less stressed. I would definitely recommend this and especially those new to caregiving.”
—care consultation participant